I love roasted chicken. It comes out so juicy and the skin gets so crispy! This recipe can also be made with a whole chicken or chicken breasts. Serve with a nice tossed salad, some steamed veggies, or my delicious Cheesy bacon potato bake!
6 skin on, bone in, chicken thighs
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of cold butter cut into small cubes
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 large lemon
sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Season the thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure you season over and under the skin as well.
3. Take half of the butter cubes and stuff them under the chicken skin.
4. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over all of the thighs. Top with remaining butter cubes. Sprinkle with parsley.
5. Place the chicken on a roasting or baking pan. Let the chicken sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
6. Place the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Please resist the temptation to open the oven door. Leaving the door closed will help the chicken turn this beauiful golden color and the skin to be irresistibly crispy!
This recipe yields 3 servings of two thighs each. Each serving has 1.3 Net carbs.